R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Matthew_Armeni
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Folks around here are playing with the idea of a bomber class (i.e., 2 cell 2wd and 4WD 1/10th SCT running on road with GT type bodies). I was thinking the same things you suggest until I ran my SCT410 on our on road track with some old off road tires (BTW I use 1/8 scale tires and full width 17mm hexes), to see what kind of adjustments I would need to make and the car handled surprisingly well and turned in some pretty quick lap times with the exact same soft setup I use for off-road. It rolled a lot in the turns, but I just lowered the ride height and when I ran it later in the street the roll was gone. I'm waiting for some 1/8th scale on road tires, as I type, to try next then I'll play some more with the setup but this truck runs surprisingly well on road without any big changes from its off road configuration. One thing I would suggest is the go up on the center diff oil and possibly heavier oil in the front diff too. I'm thinking now that swaybars, diff oils and droop changes are about the only changes I'm going to make to the truck.
I totally forgot about diff oil changes
I was running Kyosho 500K in the center, 50k in the front, and 10k in the rear, I think I dropped to 30k in the front for a little more steering later on, but somewhere close to those weights is a good starting point.