R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 03-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Madulla
Hey Paul. I am using gravity soft/soft tires in 13.5 blinky 12 scale. I handle great till about 6:30min in. Then I get really loose. It is very hard to get the car around the track without the back end coming around. Any suggestions?
Hi, Thanks!.
This can be a common problem in 12th scale, especially with low to mid grip, tires really like to start picking up stuff from the track and once it starts it compounds very fast.

I would try a few things and see if you can get to the bottom of it.

I would try a super soft rear tire, sauce it longer and sauce less front tire, the car should have similar steering but possibly help grip at the end.
I would also try LGC additive if you have not, many people at the Canadian nationals ran it and really thought it came in and lasted longer, winner of both WGT and 12th their used it and said he thought it was a advantage.
I would also try softer side springs, maybe it would help from pushing the tire as hard and build up less fuzz and debris. possibly a combo of these would even help. In the end though their is no promises, the only sure fire way is to get more cars out their and build the groove darker and wider.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Overpowered
Paul, thank you for answering my question regarding steering effects of steering servo horn lengths.

Whenever you get a chance can you answer the benefit of lowered shock towers and shocks? Is this only for lowering overall COG with TC's or is there something else? I see this is one of the prominent changes for the 2014 kits.
Hi. Yes I think it has multiple effects, the lower CG is obviously one of them but i think their is also a difference in the push angles or leverage angles on the upper shock, with it being lower. I don't have any proof but the way the suspension tuning effects the car is different so i kinda feel that it is not only a lower CG thing.