R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Cgolf
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cgolf
How do you adjust the tweak on this car? Did the Old school method of lifting from center of front and back center of chassis.

Lifting from the front the left front lifts well before the right front. Lifting from the back the right rear lifts well before the left.

This doesn't make sense to me based on how I would have adjusted for the front would be opposite for fixing the back.

Also the car was traction rolling on hard right handers, but not left turns which were even harder than the right turns.

Hope this all makes sense.
Figured out the issue, with the stock plastic parts, the battery holder / pod brace assembly is keyed for the posts, which the instructions of course don't tell you. While I was at it I replaced the set screws for the springs with slightly longer screws to stiffen it up a touch. I attached the posts properly to the brace first and then the chassis. Once I did this it only took a slight adjustment to dial in the tweak. Before it was off a ton which would explain the traction rolls.

Really wish the instructions were better on this car, it is possible for even experienced builders to miss small items like this that absolutely kill the handling of the car.

Chris