R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-25-2014, 05:04 AM
Ruffy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by triplesix
So I finally got my B5m yesterday. The build was great so far, good fitment of the parts, no missing or defective parts - obviously the guy at QC had'n fallen asleep when my kit was produced My rear arms needed a washer to remove some slop (~ 2mm) on the inner hinge pins, at least the slop was equal left and right.
All of the kits, including mine, seem to have this large amount of play in the rear arms. I heard that AE are going to address it, most likely by including spacers for the inner hinge pin. This is only my assumption.
The front will also develop a lot of play in the front axle plastic bearing holders ( the ones listed for 2mm, 3mm, or 4mm trailing axle) as the plastic itself seems to move around in the steering spindle. I think in time we will see them address this as well, but just wanted to let you know this is normal so far in the kits.

ALSO! The rear ball stud, that threads into the rear wheel hubs, by going through the plastic part and then threading into the blue aluminum rectangle... make sure to clean this ballstud and the blue rectangle with like motor spray to remove any lite oils it may have and then thread using a thread adhesive like Loctite 242 (blue loctite thread adhesive compound) to prevent the ball stud from backing out during a run and your loss of the small blue rectangle.