R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 03-25-2014, 01:47 AM
oldenuff
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello to all and greetings from Sydney, Australia, I have spent the last hour reading this thread and it is very interesting, besides a few posts from pattojnr a couple of years ago it seems this class is non existent in Australia, It definitely is not run any where in any Sydney club. Myself and a few others are trying to change this, we are not professional racers or even seasoned racers, as a matter of fact we have very little race experience between us, until now we have been racing our 1/ 10 modified EP touring cars against each other which have evolved into very fast little 235mm lola bodied and wide foam tyred hybrid pan cars, cars used include Edam Espirits, xrays t4 & t3 & tc6 associateds . One of our crew has an Edam 1/8 electric pan car running a castle creations mmm esc with 2200 kv motor running 6s lipo batteries identical to MikaR 's carbon pro pictured a few pages back, this car is very fast but is heavy and doesn't handle as well as the smaller 235mm cars, we have another racer with a motonica P81 running a 150a hobbywing ( fried 2 rx8 tekins running same setup as the hobbywing ) with either 2700kv 4s or 2050kv 6s, with 4 s lipo he struggles to last 5 min, while on 6s can make runtime.
another recently ordered another edam erazor to run the same set up as the aforementioned edam while I myself have also bitten the bullet an ordered an edam to run with castle mm2 and 2650 kv 4s ( hope this works but am a little nervous about runtime despite 6000mah 80- 90 c lipo's). hopefully within the next month we can start a class right here in Western Sydney.
Thanks for all the information already garnered by this thread , I will report back in the coming weeks to update how we have gone, hopefully all will be good, if anybody locally wants to join private message me for details.
In the meantime good luck to all racers trying to promote this class around the world and best of luck to the upcoming meet in Germany this weekend.
cheers
oldenuff

Last edited by oldenuff; 03-25-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: bad grammar and spelling