R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Boons
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
It is, yes. The rest are 225mm. The ones right on top are the RS1. The nice thing about these shells is they are available in both 0.8mm and 1mm thicknesses. I've been running a 1mm and it's a tank.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I've been running a really crude M03 the past few days and it's absolutely magic compared to my M05. The only alloy on the car is the old style TL01/M03 steering knuckles. Everything else is plastic, right down to the dampers. Here's the part i don't understand completely. I'm running a fairly loose ball diff and I'm actually staying closer to the cars with oil filled diffs and spools than I could with any car I had equipped with the same stuff. I'm generally lucky to be in the bottom of the A, but I seem to be in the running with this little beast. As much as anything else, I think it may just be that the car is much easier to drive well. Damn you, Tony Gray and your timeless mini wisdom and insight!
I always believe that the minis seem to get better as they get older and looser, like they've 'settled' down a bit? My new M05 was unpredictable for months, I could not seem to make it work. Admittedly I've made changes but it seems to have 'settled' down into an M03 pestering racer.