R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Graham11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
This is my personal experience. Dont hate if you disagree.

1-Year warranty
2- As smoother or smoother than any other brands. The throttle and braking feel can be adjusted via PWN changes
3- All alum chassis, for better cooling
4- Small form factor. Really nice for todays tiny chassis space.
5- "My" versions have pre mounted caps on top of the esc and dont require taping them down to the chassis. again, more free chassis space
6- Hand held LCD programmer about the size of a credit card
7- 8 prebuilt profiles that you can customize to whatever and quickly load track side via a single button
8- Never had an issue with them.
9- Strong customer service presence on these boards.
10- BEC up to 7v and never had a brown out
11-shuts itself of from 1-10 minutes if not input. configurable and can be disabled

Dislikes:
1- the color orange
2- sensored ONLY. if a sensor wire break mid race your done. The HW and Orion series esc's will keep going, but cog.
3- cant run a 4x4 sct with the vtx10. Not really a huge deal, but nice to have a smallish esc to run all of your 10th scale cars. Thar sais, I used a speed passion gt2.0 pro in my scte, but sold my scte and the esc it really tight in the 22 or b5 series cars.
4) if you need a fan...maybe wheeler class ( I didnt), the viper fan system is just silly. But I have never needed a fan, so meh.

My second favorite esc's are the HW v2.1 and 3.1 class of esc's. very smooth and robust, but its size, weight and the firmware swapping are annoying. But given enough chassis space, these are pimp esc's and soooooooo under rated my most people. If you only running stock 17.5, you really cant go wrong with the HW Justock for $49.99 shipped to your door

I havent tried it yet but a friend uses the vtx10r in his durango 4wd SC w a 4-pole motor and says its fine just use a fan,