R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-20-2014, 05:47 PM
BillPear
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemaris
If you break open the orion caps to shrink wrap them, make sure you find a way to keep it together. They aren't soldered, or glued to anything. They are held in place by the top plastic case. So if you do shrink wrap them, make sure the pos/neg of both caps are still touching all of the metal tabs. I would suggest going with the hobbywing cap pack instead if you can verify that the specs are the same. The Orion has 2 16v 330uF caps in series.

(The orion and hobbywing cap packs are indeed the same, or very similar. I would just go for the hobbywing one instead of messing with the orion one.)
Actually if you look closer at that picture you can see the plastic has been broken open and reglued, while open I did see that mine are attached to a pc board like the HW's so shrinkwraping shouldn't be an issue. I actually considered it originally, but thanks for your advice, my other two might be in that configuration.