R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 PM
rigor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
If ur asking if they stretch yes they do, I just undo the screw instead of the cup
I've been doing the same... Unscrewing the ballstud instead of popping the cup for diff adjustment. Careful though, that rear shock tower piece that the stud mounts to, can / will weaken over time. Not certain I'd constantly want to be doing the same thing with the FT aluminum upgrade version either.

Which brings me to my new discovery (to me anyway). AE is being strategic with their parts packaging. You can only replace that rear shock tower mount by purchasing an entire rear tower replacement, which is like $6 to $7 instead of $2 for that piece. Also, I didn't learn about using an oversized washer behind the rear hub ballstud until after I had discovered one of my rear hub link plastic inserts had imploded (busy evening practice with 8-scale and some crazy drivers, took a few collisions). Guess what? Should be like a $2 replacement pack of 4 (each side & hub type). No. Can only aquire the piece with a complete rear hub replacement, which is like $8 to $9. Lesson learned. Thankfully I found the HARD rear hubs in stock.