R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Car was pretty good yesterday. Had a lot of mid to exit push on power push. Pushed through the sweeper too I less I got my line exactly right I couldn't hold full power through it. High speed off power entry was very responsive, so much I used a little steering expo to settle the car down on the straight and entry.

The pod has heaps of droop. I got the damper on an f104x1, and it was built with a single o ring. I added two more before it seemed to have an effect on pod droop.

I also went to a stiffer centre spring to try and get more on power steering. It didn't help.

The car is built to kit, 104 wheelbase, mp4-24 body and wings, battery about 10mm back from full front on shorty Lipo, 30wt center damper, originally tried 30k on damper tubes (I didn't have the 100k specified in the manual) I did try to mix a dab of 300k on the tubes with the 30k, but I didn't get to run that as it rained out.

Running ride R1s.

Ive ordered some 100k damper lube, front spring set, associated side springs in black and green, an exotek spur with the 3mm diff balls. I've also got some pit 571 and 572s on order with the new tuning haus rims.

I'm not new to pan car racing, but I didn't need to do a lot with my 12r5.2 so I haven't learned a lot with tuning them. Am I right in thinking centre spring, and tube dampening have a lot to do with adding on power steering? Or should I be looking somewhere else?