R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
do anh of you use the long frontend. As a new driver as far as pan car ive been told this will take out mid corner steering! I do turn in to early with my wgt car but then when i do this i get to close to the board and tap. Will the long frontend help me with this?
I now use the long dual-mount upper arms for carpet racing (usually high traction) and standard arms for asphalt (usually lower traction). The long upper arms come pre-drilled for placing the pivot pins in one of two locations (long or standard); so, they are dual-purpose.

The longer arms yield less camber change (gain) under load in corners. This is very helpful in preventing traction rolling in high bite conditions. For me, the long arms are mandatory at major events like the IIC, Carpet Nats, etc. when high traction comes into play.

You also need to buy the CRC #3277 Graphite Cross Brace to mount the long arms on your WGT car. This part was originally built for 1/12th scale cars; so, you have to dremel off the center section to utilize the separate side pieces on your wider WGT car. This piece works with the long arms to lessen camber gain as much as possible.

Other ways to lessen camber gain (in smaller increments)...Use CRC #3279 Roll Center Kit shims or CRC #3230 ProStrut Roll Center Kit to raise the upper arms.

With less camber gain, you should also see that your front tires wear more evenly (inside to outside).

Cheers!

Bill