R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 AM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
I was thinking the same at first, but when you move A in or out, the distance on B or the "hook" does not change.

However, if you look these 2 pictures. The first one shows B = 3mm A = 3mm making the spring rate = 108.4 gf/mm

If you just change the A to 4mm that now makes the spring rate 117.6 gf/mm

Now if you want to increase A but keep the same spring rate you would also need to change B to 3.9mm. (I know .9 is not an option with the gauges but this is just for demonstration.)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
" B " is a "passenger" of " A " ( the carrier ).

Simply, for example : if the goal is to maintain spring rate but change damping rate : Move " A " some distance , then move " B " the equal distance but OPPOSITE direction.

( Note. " B " is the position of the RHS ( ride height screw ). The RHS acts as the leverage point on the "leaf" style spring that determines spring rate )

So if you move " A " 2mm East, then move " B " 2mm West. You have successfully changed your damping rate and kept your spring rate exactly the same as before you started.

The only issue comes up when you don't have enough adjustment range in "B". So you sometimes have to use SRS I or SRS II depending on what you are trying to accomplish. The difference between SRS I and SRS II is 4mm.

Jake D.
This is great information guys!! Thank you