Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM  
theclutch
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail View Post
Anybody knows when the updates are coming in for the TCXX? such as lower shock towers, floating servo mounts, short shocks, updated chassis etc?
Back in the good old days, the HPI website (which started out as a personal website by an enthusiast that HPI eventually hired) was arguably the best website known to the RC industry. This was during the time I got my RS4 Pro - a TC car was ahead of it's time back then.

Now, it seems that even since Atsushi jumped ship (for whatever reason), it just seems like we are let down or don't have as much visibility anymore. The HPI website, although still good, just seems to have too many bad links. I can see why a lot of "younger" people seem to be jumping onto Xray and Durango. Although their websites seem simple, the information in them is very well presented and, most importantly, well maintained. The Xray seems like it's updated every 2 weeks or so (I know it's probably not, but it just seems that way).

So the reason why I'm bringing this up is that it seems so hard to get any new information on updates such as what's posted above that I'm likely to jump ship and go to Durango or Xray. Seems like I'm starting to feel the parts shortage situation now also. Durango's or Xrays websites seem so well done with all the information AND SUPPORT you need are all right there. For all other brands (even Tamiya with all their money) seems like you're always digging.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote