R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
NitroOB4You
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corners
Yep. In stock class, the guy with the most money will have the fastest car (car only, not car+driver, different story), thus have an advantage. Mod, your car will as fast as you want it to be, and sometimes faster.
In theory...but but I don't fully agree with this thought.
Raced my 5M yesterday for the first time. Due to not having a full enough field to support both Mod and 17.5, we ran together, with 2 Mods and the rest 17.5 in the A. I'm using a year ( or more? ) old shorty with a Turnigy ( supposedly Reedy Mach1 knock-off ) 17.5. I took 2nd, one of our youngn's also running 17.5 was just behind me. A sponsored youngn won, with a Mod.
He ran 20 6:00
I ran 19 6:17
In regards to fastest single laps...I had the third overall fastest of the day at 18.2. Our shop owner whom took 4th in the main, dropped an 18.1. Yes, the Mod driver did have the fastest single lap.
Now, I know this is only one club race...so take it with a grain of salt. But I can say I definitely ran against and beat several with much bigger wallets than I have.

Anyhoo...I havn't read on this thread at all until now, so I apologize in advance. But I'm wondering about the MIP Puck sytem. Will the existing work with the 5series? Or is something being worked on by MIP if not?
Thx