R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 03-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Team Lotus
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wholeshot
so after a recent trip to my local hobby store that advertized they had two carpet tracks .............. ( i took a 4 year hiatus from the hobby been doing this for almost 20 years now)

there i was sitting in a room with about 20 people at benches with all these blinged out aluminum and carbon fiber cambered out plastic wheeled cars.. that slide around at about 2mph .. and im sitting there thinking to my self like .. " so this is it .. this is cool now"..."wow none of these people know how to drive"

there is no scene .. where i live to my knowledge and i want one of these cars to race with in a class so bad
I have a somewhat similar situation at our local carpet track. They did have a nice road course, but now they just use only the oval track now; no road course racing at all! Over the years some of us, usually led by myself, have tried to get touring car, pan car, and F1 classes going, and for a while they seem to do well and grow....but eventually the oval racers take over and everything switches back to NASCAR type oval racing only! Where I live in upstate New York most of the rc car racers are into either NASCAR or dirt oval racing and they are VERY prejudiced against anything other than that, and they particularly don't like F1 at all! So since they are the majority that is why they always end up getting their way and the road course gets put aside and it's oval only!😠

So my friends and I who do like F1 and other forms of road course racing such as the LeMans cars, end up doing our racing in the spring and summer outdoors at a school parking lot by ourselves, where we can do what we want!