R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
EDWARD2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE

Hi. If the rear is too locked in i would try to go to the super soft rear and also make some chassis adjustments to give more steering. Maybe stiffer side spring and damper tube, or more cambergain in the front end. In general my tires will be more stable than a yellow or grey rear so you will have to make adjustments to get the rotation to keep the corner speed. if tuned right i think more grip could be better.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I come from a touring car background, and I find it so strange that super soft will help with my "locked in" issue. When I hear "super soft" I think super high grip, and when I hear "hard" compound I think low grip. But, this is not necessarily the case with 1/12 tires. The softer the compound, the more it sheds its foam surface. The harder the compound the more the tire will retain its original surface and will build up traction.

Most of the guys running at my indoor track are running medium front and rear. Should I be aiming for that tire combo or take your advice and give super soft a try.