R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Graham11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenhatchie
Couple other tips for you. These are just from my build experience:

1. The gear box screws that fasten the halves together are a very tight and I am in no way complaining about that lol. I took a spare screw and ran it through several times on each hole and then used the kit screw to bolt it all up. Allowed me to tighten them down and get a good feel of when they bottom out. To tight and it will get the gearbox to bind up a smidge

2. Shim the top shaft. Putting it all together I had quite a bit of side play once the halves were together.

3. I used Losi 22 12mm shock bladders in my shock build instead of going with the kit emulsion build. Shocks are suuuppper smooth and do not "aerate" at all. Plus side is you can tune rebound by installing the shock cap plug screw. Pull the shaft out all the way and install the screw= high rebound. Push it in half way and install the screw= less rebound.

4. Put X-rings in the shocks. Built them with and without. I definitely like them with.

5. Polish the shock shafts. I used blue magic and chucked them in a dremel.

6. The FT B4 Ti Turbuckles actually threaded easier into the ball cups than the stock steel ones. Not as fancy as the JC ones or the Lunsford but they get the job done.

7. Shim the rear arms. They will have a bit of front to back play.

8. Install the "optional setscrews" in the front caster block and the rear hubs. only took a few days for them to loosen up a but.

As far as changes for me to the setup this is all I have done and love the way it is working:

1. Removed the shims under the rear inner camber ballstuds
2. Moved the shocks all the way to the inside hole on the tops (f&r)
3. Still running 1.6 front & 1.7 rear but changed the rear oil to 27.5
4. Battery all the way to the rear (shorty)

Anywho here she is all painted up and ready for track duty. WOOT!

Hey guys, b5m order placed, I have been traveling and haven't been able to follow the threads, what are the must have and recommended parts/upgrades I should order immediately?