R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:53 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Doesn't MM4 have the same torque vectors as RM3? (Can I say torque vectors?) what I mean to say here is that with MM4 when you mass the throttle the weight transfers to the rear because of the torque of the car. Same as RM3 right?

In my experience if you run MM3 you won't have much control over the car in the air and it may also be more difficult to roll over whoops and rhythm sections. It does drive pretty neutral though. Very flat.

I ran MM3 for a while and never liked how flat the car was, this is was where the RM3 cars seemed to have an advantage. Once I switch to MM4 I was able to rocket out of the corners just like most RM3 cars. I usually run a little bit of anti squat to keep from popping the front up with a wheelie.
4 gear drives like a 4 gear and 3 like a 3. Motor placement doesn't change that. The reason why you probably liked MM4 better than MM3 out of corners has everything to do with weight transfer. You didn't have enough weight on the rear wheels in MM to get good traction. MM4 artificially transfers that weight rearward and you got grip. The main problem could have been corrected with weight and antisquat settings. MM4 is the solution if you don't understand static weight balance or antisquat. Once you do understand these, MM4 suddenly seems like a compromise rather than an answer.