R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Waflet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Wildcat, i am glad they didn't make it on the fly esc tuning, or that would make it illegal. As it is you can adjust parameters, but the receiver must be power cycled. I don't see it becoming roar legal because of that though.

Guy makes adjustment on remote, 3 laps in his car "stops" going, tells marshall to turn it off and back on, and vuala.

Unfortunately there are to many cheaters that will manipulate graet ideas, and turn them into bad ideas.
Hideeho
My understanding of the rule (I could be wrong because I haven't actually read it) is that it only applies to blinky mode for 17.5 stock. I do not believe it applies to mod classes. Again, my Understanding (I have been unable to find this in the manual) the Sanwa zero when in blinky mode can't be programed from the remote. I have been able to confirm that when the link is set to program from the remote there are different lights on both the transmitter & ESC than when that feature is disabled. Even if being allowed to change settings from the tx, it is not something you can do while driving, it is a rather involved process of going through the menu. It's nothing like slaving your brake rate, or throttle EPA, or steering speed to a convenient switch at you finger tips allows you to change those things while driving, which is allowed by roar...