R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
perdoden
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Hi,

I finally got the car working the way I like and I'm very happy with it except for 2 things:
1) The c-hubs are too weak. I think they took off too much material. Swapped to xray c-hubs and I've stopped breaking them
2) parts availability (especially in Australia) is non existent. I stripped out the gears in the rear diff (running a 4.5t) and I'll have to order from overseas to get replacement gears. The Australian distributer doesn't even have the common parts (c-hubs etc) available.

Is it safe to assume xray diff gears are a direct fit? What about other manufacturers parts?

I love the TM but I might have to go with something else if the distributer isn't carrying bits. Last few bits I've gotten from Amain.

Simon
Use the c-hubs for TM ERSII, the aluminum c-hub have more predicted steering feel, it has more precise steering feel.
For the gear diff I use xray T3 gear diff unit, whole unit, more smooth and last longer, I just change the internal gear for the first time after using this diff for 5 race, is about 10 times oil change and about 40 or 50 lipo change. I heard that k-factory is making the new internal gear made from aluminum for the TM ERSII, but never had a chance to try it.