R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
All of the machined spurs are thicker for whatever reason, that's not a defect. Sucks too because I want to run a 69 and machined is the only option out there... so there are 1mm shims between my exotech cover and the motor plate. RW spurs are no longer imported, tried that angle. Losi parts house has a size or two left but no 69's.

I've heard you can drill out the center of an AE spur to fit so you have more choices, the slipper pads are the same. I'm running some extra rcshox garodiscs from my B44 in the Durango machined spur.
Yeah seems spacers were my only option as well. That's a shame to see mine wasn't just a lemon. That all of them are thicker. That just sucks. I heard people using the Schumacher Cougar SV machined spur gears and claim they fit "Like a glove". So I ordered one 71t (not a 69, but close enough for me) spur to try out. Crossing my fingers.

But I've heard the AE spurs are the same with a 1mm thicker profile compared to the stock spurs. That'll still require the spacers if that's correct.