R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 06:48 AM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by proudwinner
Trips, yeah but how many caster blocks does the yok have? Stock is 5. I know team suzuki makes a 3. The XXXS has 0, 2, 4, and 6 degree spindles.
Yok has 3, 5, and 7 degree available. Is the Losi 6 degree available now?

What about kickup and anti-dive for the yok-that bulkhead is nonadjustable. The Losi can have anti-dive to kickup in the range anywhere from -2 to +4 giving you more than plenty of total caster options.

Agreed. No kickup and anti-dive adjustments on the Yok.

Rear toe? I only know of the yok having 2 differant options. The xxxs has like 3 differnat rear toe hubs plus you can mount 1 backwards.

The Yok has three available rear hub carriers, 0, 1, and 2 degree. You can mount one of them backwards as well.

What about anti-squat? I know that's not adjustable. The wheelbase isn't adjustable either, The xxxs has adjustable front and rear.

The anti-squat is not adjustable, the wheelbase is.

Underdrive? Overdrive?

Agreed.

Does the Yok has 2 camber locations on the rear hub for the camber link?

Yes it does.

Whatabout battery locations?

Just one battery location.

And as for roll centers, you are correct that you'll have to change parts but what's wrong with that.

Nothing "wrong", but Losi doesn't include or even sell the parts to allow roll center changes. If you don't want to take a dremel to the stock parts you've got to buy the Trinity MF parts or some other aftermarket parts to get that adjustment.

the xxxs you can have a fine degree range of roll center like the anti-dive/kickup by using washers under the blocks.

Agreed.

Here's the best one- that yok don't have droop screws.

I'd give you that one too, but the Losi doesn't have -working- droop screws. Yeah it has them, but they're set in the soft bumpers and they're so close to the hingepins that they're essentially useless. I had to set the droop on my Losi the same way I do it on the Yok, with shock length. Associated and the Euro-cars like Corally and Xray have good droop screw setups, I wish the Losi and Yok did too. Changing shock lengths is a PITA.

Guy, I don't want to sound like I'm dissing yok but I've owned all the cars back to the YR4 and I like em.

No problem, both are great cars, neither is perfect.

Trips

Last edited by Trips; 06-14-2002 at 07:09 AM.