R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 01-31-2014, 11:18 PM
metalnut
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
1. i didnt get a good look at how the diff adjustment is set but from i could see it looks to be done the same as everybody else.
2. front ride height is set with shims like everybody else. The rear has a slider pod like the VBC car so you will want a really wide stepped ride height gauge to help keep it even left to right when adjusting.
3. the camber is adjustable via the pillowball but depending on the rims you may need to remove the wheel for access.

Overall the car looked to be a solid performer on carpet when I competed against it, it just wasn't better. On asphalt I would expect it to struggle on bumpier tracks the same as other narrow link cars with similar weight distribution. The one thing that makes it a complete no go for me is the unsightly body fit appearance. The chassis flares out wider than the body forward of the cockpit and the servo fit requires you to cut a hole in the side of the body for it to stick out of.

Out of all the link cars available the new exotek looks the best and is the only one attempting to resolve the parking lot bump deficiency at the moment. The shorted wheel base option is great for more technical tracks and is something I wish all the cars had.

If I were you I would stick with the SP for the rest of the winter season and see what get released in the spring, maybe there will be something more appealing then.

Mark
That's a pretty good assessment, thanks Mark!

The only follow-up I have is about the ball diff adjustment. When you say "same as everybody else", do you mean that you tighten the ball diff when you tighten your wheel? I ask since I really like the way SP did it, with the separate nut for the ball diff and separate for wheel. So I can take my wheel off and not mess up the diff setting. I think the F104 is the same way though, isn't it?