R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 AM
ToysRUsKid
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm not really concerned with big races or going fast. Chances are it will be me and my two boys making a class of 3 at the local track. The point is to get them used to driving, so tire wear is not the concern either. I'm more concerned about tire chunking since I expect them to crash a bit. I don't need to spend $30 x 2 every weekend. At that rate, I'd buy them mini slashes and make a class of that.

Originally Posted by Solara
Well, you need to ask Rick....each kit comes with a set of foams ready to run, and yes, if you want to go FAST and competitive with the fastest guy, you do need to true them down to the race spec....however, I ran mine brand new and car is just dialed without any truing.....

Now...if you are worry about the tire wear.....Eric ran probably about 50-60 packs of lipo on the brand new set of foams....stock dimension was like 65mm rear and 64.5mm front...60 packs lipo later, it is around 63mm rear and 62mm front....probably another 20-30 more packs to go his tires will be in real fast racing specification.....

one set of these tire last a very long time.....alot longer then rubber tires and still have high grade traction if you ask me.

And yes, rubber tires/wheel set are in the making, I am suppose to travel to the MFR later February for the tires inspection and testing....will update later.
Originally Posted by v_squared
Howard is right, these tires are very long wear. I have been racing every weekend along with one practice day since the car came out and I'm still on my first set. My ride height is finally down to 4.5mm in the back. The front is still 5mm.

You also do not need to true these tires. Just rotate them once every three run.

Howard can you guys source another set of harder foam tires for really high bite tracks like Harbor? Maybe they will last even longer.

Would it be possible to have a frp bumper that extend to the nose of the body?

I would not true down the tires. Just buy a few sets and run them down to smaller size then save them for bigger races where the traction is much higher and you feel the need to use smaller tires.