Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikpiz
Currently I'm running
exotek adjustable Front arms . 1* camber , 6* caster. titianium coated kings pins , low friction balls , 20k on the pins , Tamiya silver front springs .
center shock has red Tamiya spring 30wt , 3 hole with 2 mm spacer on the inside . and 3 mm spacer under the front mount .
side springs are exotek kit springs , with 1 mm spacer under front ball mounts
side dampers have 20k in them ( I have tried 7, 20, 30, 50 , 75 K 20 seems to work the best)
rear diff is Tamiya f104 with a 103 bearing
ride height is 4 mm all the way around .
Car has a ton of steering and traction roll is not a problem . my main complaint is the rear end " fish tails " if you punch it and if you punch it to early out of a high speed turn it will almost spin 180
I understand the Pardus tires are a different animal which honestly we don't have much experience with which is maybe why Ricks set-ups are almost opposite but when running Shimizu-
Need to soften the rear pod movement with a softer spring. This will let the rear pod 'spool up' almost like softer sedan arms when getting on power.

Tamiya soft red (florescent) spring. Not the regular red spring. Aaron and I both use pretty soft top springs and we have tons of on power grip on exit.
20-25 wt oil and 3 hole piston= less pack in the shock with lighter oils for more pod movement.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by MikeR; 01-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.