Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:44 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nathan c.
Hello,

Does anyone have a basic modified set up with the ride rex30 tires ( the green ones).
I practiced at an high grip circuit to find an starting setup for this weeks ets at germany but didn't find any good starting point. I tried alot of things but had to stop every time after 2minutes in race because my car wasn't driveable. In warm up the car suffered from grip roll and. Once the race started the back end became loose when exiting the corner. Some advice? Finding grip is often easier than getting rid of it
I do not have a good mod setup, but some thoughts on what you are experiencing.

For traction roll, I usually look at ride height and camber/camber gain. Lessening the front camber can help prevent roll, and if the car starts to push, you can adjust shock/spring setup, sway bar, and/or roll centers to work on bringing it back. Lowering ride height can also help, but mostly an issue if it is just too high. Less droop can also help as it effects not only front/rear weight transfer, but also left/right.

If the back end is becoming lose on exit, especially if you are also traction rolling, I usually look at the rear diff. Thicker oil may help. Beyond that, you may look at softening the rear end, making it lazier. It depends if you are losing traction due to wheel spin or overcoming the side bite in the tire. Increased camber gain can help also (assuming it is primarily on power that you are running into this).