R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
OldfartWal
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
Good to hear that you are running consistently Wal. I will be playing around with gear ratios for the next meet as I also give about 5-6 lengths on the straight. Also need to fine tune the esc. Got to remember to keep it in 'blinky' though. And some new tyres as well. Might have to do some testing this week before race day.

I've now got an app loaded on my smart phone which gives gearing, etc, got the SpecR loaded, so if you need to, just come grab the phone, change it back afterwards if you want to keep your settings private, it's there if you need it.

I have to thank Steve H (shanwright) for spending 5 minutes of his valuable time (he was running the meet, driving, doing the food & helping others out) helping me set the limits on the speedie, the car was so slow because I was only getting half throttle & had no brakes, think it's pretty close to the mark now.

Many thanks to everybody else who had a few minutes 'pause' at the end of the meal break whilst Tez set it all up for me, nobody complained, it was a late night so doing those settings slowed everybody up for a little bit.

Once I'm used to the std SP 10.5t motor, I'll be fitting the SP MMM 10.5t motor which should give me a few more GG's, hopefully both the Team FTR SpecR's can deliver some good results by about halfway through the season.

I'm ordering a whole bunch of 'go fast' parts this week, ti screw sets, double cardan joints, al centre pulley, spring sets & a set of Yeah racing shocks. Found a supplier of aluminium front arm assemblies for a different brand to look very close, will maybe order them to see if they'll fit , they won't save weight but they will make setting the car precisely a little easier & may make the front end a little more durable. Also have plans to upgrade the R1 to current ProSpec chassis sizes, not sure why I want to make the R1 any faster as to date it's proved a quicker car than the ProSpec that I'm driving. I just want to get both cars up the front, proving that it isn't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Last edited by OldfartWal; 01-26-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling errors