R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
I have two sessions with the 2014 car now. It's super fast but really hard to drive consistent since the steering is too responsive. The initial steering is unbelievably! I hardly touch the steering wheel and it turns like hell. I'm driving on medium to high bite carpet track, set-up Volker DHI cup, LRP CPX tires, weights in front... servo: KO PDS-2413.

Tried to apply additive only on inner half of front tires but that didn't feel right.
My steering Expo is now set to -35% so that the car is half way driveable but I don't have the feeling this is the way to go ether?

Some suggestions where to look for a solution?

Thanks
I do the -35% expo as well and it helps a lot for me,but have yet to try the short servo horn. Maybe this weekend. Since the LRP tires are what you are tuning for, have you tried 3 coats of superglue halfway up on the sidewall of the front tires? That's an old trick from back in the day. Also, are you limited in traction compound use? Is it handout compound? If not, try something different. At my track if I use SXT 3.0 on my car it will free up the rear end. If I switch to the Gravity stuff (LGC?), the whole car tights up. Just some thoughts. Also try raising the rear camber link. As strange as it seems, it works.