R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 11:48 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The funny thing about that car (210) is that I came to the conclusion a while back that for anything other than blinky mode that in rear motor a saddle configuration centered on the chassis was nice and in mid motor a saddle configuration against the motor was best. AE comes out with these cars and proves that I was on to something except they effectively turned the side by side saddle configuration by 90 degrees in RM mode. I couldn't make the car handle the way I wanted it to with a shorty and the car is already so heavy that if I had to use a long stick pack, I couldn't get the weight where I wanted it. I don't like the chassis with bolt on sides and it's thousand screws which clearly AE doesn't like either. AE has taken what I like about the 210 and integrated it into a better laid out car and chassis design. I still personally prefer to run 3 gear in MM mode and if I can't get the car to work run 3 gear RM. I just don't like MM4 so I'm a bit torn on which B5 as a result.

Last edited by fredswain; 01-24-2014 at 12:09 PM.