R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM
fq06
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovethebuggy
Hi guys... I asked the other day because my Ultra Sportman motor got wet and it wasn't working... I managed to make it work but it didn't last too long... Now is making a strange noise, it sounds like a real engine lol, and if it's still the car won't start, if i push it a little it will start to run and with no strength like no power... Checked the battery and it seems to be good, it had 8.2V of charge...
I would like to get a cheap motor, I'm not racing whatsoever, just for bashing and jumping... Would some of the turnigy trackstar motors will be good enough for that kind of use? And the ESC, it may be broken too?? It has a nice burned smell but i had never smelled it before so i can't say it is because of running the engine in that state...

I would be really grateful of some help it didnt last me one week :/
If the ESC works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. If it smells toasty, not a good sign. I guess it could damage a motor if it's near failure and shorts sending trouble to your new motor. Safest to send it back for inspection or just run it and see. I would run it personally.

A $50 motor with good reviews http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...egory&path=112

Stay away from the beach
Waters terrible but sand is just about as bad.