Thread: Tamiya TRF418
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
bagged69chevy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Hi Skyball,

Yes....4mm under the arm is correct, it should put the arms level front and rear which is not out of the ordinary. Raising the inner camber link on this particular car at my particular track did several things. It increased the corner speed, it reduced the tire wear, increased stabliltiy, increased the grip in and out of the corner and it made the car way easier to drive. Also if you look at your current tires you will see more tire wear on the inside of the tire or possibly some cupping, when raising the inner camber link it moved the wear pattern to the middle of the tire wear it should be and the cupping was gone because I was using the tire equally. After 4 runs and continuous tire observations this told me that the contact patch was directly in the middle of the tire throughout most of the lap which ultimatley provided more traction everywhere.

Just because alot of people use 1 -2mm under the ball stud doesn't mean you have too at your track and it doens't mean it's right . On a medium grip carpet track this seem to wake the car up and work the best. Try it!
In your opinion.. is this only true for carpet?

also. what spacer do you have on the rear on the hub?