R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:40 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BMI Tc4 good news.

Heres some good news form Carpet testing.

Car has tremendous on -power steering. NO matter the set-up-it always steers on power. It's rotation is quite good-maybe too good right now. Need to dial some of it out. Alsmots all chnages I have done are to take away steering n one way or another-and believe me-its still got plenty.

Also-ease of working on it is far superior to the tub chassis. For exmaple-I made roll center changes all day via the lower hingepin blocks-and I never took off the top deck or diff cases to do them. I simpy loosened both sides-took out one screw and put in or took off a shim and then did the other side!! Piece of cake.

LIke Jason said-car feels noticeably different after every change-which to me means that its stiff enough to not mask set-up changes. Hes also right in saying the TC4 is brittle. Already broke an arm.

I have not found what I would call a dialed set-up on it yet-but I have also only run aboout 9 packs through it and every pack car improves. But its already consistent-easy to drive (even with all the steering) and very sensitive to set-up chnages.

Ray