R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 AM
RoketRdr
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto168
Thanks marcus. I appreciate your reply. Also What size Buku fits the team c clutch bell.
When you go to the Buku site click on the link that says "Speed tune clutch kits for 1/8th on-road GT class". The very first clutch that is shown is the one you want with standard weight shoes. Part # #2000ABK-34-GT. If you're running an on-road engine then get the unit with the light weight shoes. And like Marcus said on the brakes, use the stock units with the aluminum trans mounts. They are more than adequate in stopping power and using the aluminum mount will keep them consistent. I have my anti-lock brakes set up in my radio with this set-up and it works great. No brake fade.

On a side note about the brake shoe and flywheel. I added the Buku crank case cap to my engine and also ran into the problem of the rear brake shoe hitting the flywheel when I applied the brakes. It was killing my engine every time I braked and couldn't figure it out until I saw the wear marks on the brake shoe. Tighten down the pads for minimal clearance and travel then adjust your radio/servo accordingly.