R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto168
Hi guys,
Attached is a pick of my brake disks that failed yesterday. It was a little scary when I went for the anchors and the 3.5 kg car didn't stop and crashed Into the steel barrier. Lucky only cosmetic damage to body shell and the foam bumper absorbed the impact. These brakes are option parts and have only done approx 20mins use before failing. There are 2 issues I have noticed with these option disks: 1st is that they are really thin at several points around the disk causing a weak spot. And it also needs to be a smaller disk for the rear as it rubs the engine flywheel. I think team C need to manufacture a metal disk set for the GT that has smaller thicker disks. Anybody else had this problem? I installed the standard fiber disks and pads and they worked fine for the rest of the day. I noticed a little fade but trimmed it out during the final.
Those optjon brakes are really designed for off road, if you want metal brakes use the ofna. Disc with team c pads . The team drivers including me use stock brakes, the fade comes from the plastic trans mount, get the option al mount and use stock brakes.

Originally Posted by Roberto168
Hi guys, has anybody had issues with the stock clutch? My clutch is engaging even at idle. Has anybody tried the Buku clutch? Or drilling the aluminium shoes or harder spings etc. Any advice appreciated
If your clutch is engaging at idle you have to have a broken spring. With the stock clutch stagger the springs, using. .9/1.0/1.1.
I use the buku clutch with std weight kevlar shoes, hands down best clutch you can use ! Make sure you use a brand new clutchbell, cannot use a contaminated bell it will destroy the shoes.