R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 01-17-2014, 05:10 AM
hanulec
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
I run the car with the alloy chassis mostly with a gap from 1mm (P31). I have no reason for this but I like it as the FFG is more smooth and the car can "work" more.
We still need more testing with all the options so Mike maybe you can tell us more after the weekend?
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
In case of C21 carbon top deck using you can even remove P31 stopper as this part doesn't work ( doesn't stop nothing ) with carbon top deck installed.

Please note also that some C21 samples can have 7,0mm hole instead of 6,0 mm hole in the center. This is due to the fact that several trial C21 test parts were mixed with the regular C21 by mistake.
Please use B74RS bearing plus SH0.5mm shim under this bearing plus SF3X6 screw instead of 6mm shims and SB3x5 screw at this case.
Freddy and Oleg-
I continue to appreciate the direct feedback on setups and design scenarios. This is frankly one of the major reasons I (and many others) got involved with running this car.

On Saturday (and only Saturday unfortunately) I'll be trying a production FFG on carbon and a trail aluminum chassis. Prod aluminum chassis might get tried the following weekend.... as we are running out of time before Snowbirds.