R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
valk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

after moving some ballstuds around the car i got manage to get the rear swaybar to act properly. the inner link location seems to be too inboard to get the even bar action on the arms. so i used the inner hole of the three holes for shock mounting to mount the bar and added 3mm shims to the endlinks. now the bar acts evenly on both sides of the car where before it would only lift one side but not the other. I could experiment with futher outboard links but that would be an even more extreme angle.
probably pointless but the rear bar acts more like the t4 board i serviced on a friends car and should help the rear end a little bit. especially when tweaking.

very tempted to get in on a Prospec right now.. if someone buys my pancars i just might. though i just picked up a pair of VBC pancars. was thinking of grabbing a VBC for mod but the spec r has been very nice for stock. was debating upgrading to a CF chassis and towers to trim some weight and gain more flex. the car handles very nicely on ashphalt the way it is though so thats $100 i might not bother with. carpet was a bit of trouble for me on the weekend but in fairness, i didnt spend a lot of time on my touring cars . i basically guessed where it should be based on messing around at club racing and just left it alone.

any word on plastics for the prospec? will there be a more forgiving forumla coming in future revisions? i broke two steering blocks and a spool outdrive on the weekend. i think some of those parts need to be just a touch softer as the breaks are very clean to indicate a messton of carbon in the parts. they are light and rigid but too fragile maybe. but, xray stuff fits. at least the t2/t3 steering block did. got me through the weekend. might investigate using them exclusively in the future. not other parts failed on the car so not bad for $89.