View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 PM
evochick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

I think its time for some more YRF knowledge sharing

Down here in Australia we are allowed to use both narrow and wide F1 cars,
So for the last 7 months i had been running my YRF in wide mode with F103 tyres with ok results, but recently i changed the car to narrow setup to use F104 tyres and the car is so much quicker and still very stable on rubber tyres,

Last week's first run on a medium/high grip hot track the car was unstoppable, and was only 1 sec from lapping the field in the final..

It was the first time i have driven an F1 where you had total confidence when you mashed the throttle you knew it wasn’t going to be a handful coming out of the corner yet had so much steering you were not just pushing all over the place.

So the tyres to use

Morning with a coolish track
Pit PS-0573 medium fronts,
Pit PS-0572 hard rears

Afternoon hot track setup
Pit PS-0573 medium fronts
Ride R1 Rears

I will post a full setup tonight when i can scan it,

I ran the Pit 572's on a hot track for curiosity but they went off after a few minutes, it was still drivable but you had to really square the car up before accelerating.

Thanks to Dan (Hugh Jazz) who just happened to save the day with some 12th scale ride height adapters (R12-20H) these are a must with Pit tyres on the rear to get some decent ride height as they are slightly smaller diameter the the Ride's

I will report back after our first round of our 2014 F1 series this weekend.

Beth.