R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 06:40 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Default Radio/servo info

Ok you can all laugh deeply while reading this. I'm going to try coming back to 1/12th after about a 15 year retirement. Granted everything has changed, not quite everything but at least alot has changed.

Got a new chassis, in regards to a radio, a friend said I would be OK for a bit with my old Futaba Magnum PCM (the original PCM), it's receiver, and could get by with one of my old Tekin red case speed control. Servo wise is the real question, I have two choices. Use one of my old S32h's or a S9101 I have kicking around?

The other choice is my old Kraft transmitter, Futaba S32h servo, the tekin controller, and Futaba micro reciever. This is all on AM.

I realize I'll likely want to get some more new gear but the initial outlay is being budgeted for the moment.

Any comments on the servo, or any other issues I may have with this old stuff. Issues about my mental health in using it will be heard but may not be heeded.

Thanks
PK

I ask about the servo since I never ran 4 cell before, only 6 cell and I'm concerned about the servo speed.

BTW this is for 19T 4 cell outdoor

Last edited by PMK; 01-01-2005 at 06:46 AM.