R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Bubonic-X
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
I would imagine that plenty of companies tried out a motor orientation to use a 3-gear transmission instead of 4 and found that the 4 gear box was better. Why? I have no idea.. It might even be because it pushes the motor forward just a tad bit more than 3 gears would.

I'm in the same boat though, no B5 for me until bugs have been worked out. I can't afford getting new 'needed' upgrades and not to mention new batteries that will fit
From my understanding you have to run a second idler so the car go will go forward. It is the same tooth as the first idler so the ratio doesnt change. Isnt that how real cars work? When you shift to reverse another gear kicks into main gear and everything goes backwards. Thats an oversimplification but it makes the point.

I can remember once breaking a hub in my 25+ years of racing and that was my fault. Aluminum and Carbon are bling, nice, but not needed.
A shorty battery will work and you have the convienience of moving it around for wieght bias.
I will be the first to admit waiting for the FT would be a good thing but cant see why after seeing what this team kit has. Punisher turnbuckles and im on my way.
See you when the FT comes out LOL!