R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 09:09 PM
LeadFoot
Tech Adept

Default Shock Compression L/R?

I have another question regarding setup. This question is regarding the shocks. I don't remember seeing this with my Axis 2 but I do see this with my Mi2.

This is more pronounced on the front of the car than the rear.

Looking at the car from the front, my right shock collar needs to be screwed down more than my left in order to archieve the desired ride height of 5mm. To be exact, the right shock collar is 2.8mm from the collar to the top of the shock. My left shock collar is 1.3mm from the collar to the top of the shock. The rear shocks are about the same (within 0.2 mm)

I know that the chassis is not tweaked because I used all the methods John Kerr had listed a few posts back and from all indication there is no tweak. I also checked for binding and my arms rise and fall the same on each side. I also tried setting ride height without the sway bar.

The question is, are the shocks compensating for the weight of the battery? Would adding weight to the opposite side fix this problem? My impression has always been that the left and right shocks should be turned down the same length [But most all my racing experience is off-road where the battery is in the middle and the Axis 2 was a split pack].