R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
reracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidehow77
Speed runs and general car park driving (I already have a RC8.2e and SC8e for bashing).

I'm not sure if the GTP2e will be sufficient and can then use the cash saved to upgrade the stock chassis to a CF chassis.
When you set a car up for speed runs, it's pretty hard to drive it around for any period of time without smoking the electronics.

That being said, my opinion is that the GTP-2e(or even better the OFNA Late Model) is the best for speed runs, and there would be no need to put a carbon fiber chassis on it. Especially considering that a crash at 70+ mph would destroy a carbon fiber chassis. The main reason I would choose the GTP-2e( or Late Model) is because of the better designed gearboxes, the availability of option parts and the price. Also, the motor mount can be modded easily to accept a 1:1 gearing, and there's more room for larger 82mm+ motors. Lastly, the Late Model has both fron and rear pivot ball suspension, which can be tightened to remove the play, and bring the rear toe alignment closer to 0 degrees.