R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 AM
swimbikerun
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Thanks for the detailed comparison swimbikerun! I've been comparing the parts list between the BD7 and the 2014, and noticed that the spur gear carrier halves have the same part number, do these carry over?

Making my list of spares to order :-)
I already boxed up my BD7 but the outside diameter and width mesaurements were the same when I did a quick comparison during the build.

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Hi 2014 owners: I installed the spur mid pulley assembly, but when trying to tighten it down it binds the bearings. I want to know if I'm missing something or that screw can't be tighten past snug and shall be loctited to keeping it from backing out. I followed the order of installation per the manual and have all the bearings and shim as told.
The button profile of the Yokomo button head screws are .5mm taller than the ones in the Associated kits. Try using those (or any others with a shorter button profile) in securing the spur and you should free up the binding in the pulley. This was the same issue with the original BD7 when you were trying to use any spur other than a Panaracer (.5mm less reccess in the spurs).

Last edited by swimbikerun; 01-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.