R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53 AM
hanulec
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
An approximation of Karl's setup, except on an Evo with GD2. I ended up switching to the (softer) shock settings that the Klingforths have been using to whip our assess lately and it was a lot more stable at our place.

The setup still needs some work to be right for me. Mostly it wants to oversteer exiting sharp turns. Going to half sauce up front made things a lot more reasonable, but I prefer full sauce when I can get away with it. I also need to adjust my driving to be smoother and more easy. I've gotten in the habit of setting everything to kill which is the only way I can make the T4'14 respectable, and it's not needed with the Awesomatix. The car seems a lot better when I just let it work instead of forcing it into every gap.
Full sauce? What are you doing man? Saucing all the way yo your wheel nuts is a crutch of an ill handling car.

I think we all need to see a setup from the Klingforths

I thought Karls shock package (and setup) drove too much on the nose. By swapping shock settings over to what Gee has been running I was able to push the car more.

It is amazing how different people like things...