R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Bcholka
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Some of you guys are so full of crap that I can't contain myself. The diffs in these cars are all basically made from the same parts. The 22 diffs suck and always will because of the materials. If you buy BFast parts for a Kyosho diff, an AE, and a TLR how could one be smoother than the other? Same parts. The design is basically the same! The only exception is that the diff with more balls theoretically should be smoother because there is more surface contact between the balls and plates and each ball [theoretically] has less psi of pressure being exerted on it. I'm not an engineer but this is not rocket science either. What I'm saying is that nobody's diff is better than anyone elses barring Durrango which is a little different...I only built a couple of those. Its been a while. I don't remember anything other than the weird cir clips and what happened if you put them in upside down. Anyway, a diff is pretty much a diff. If AE decides to step up the quality of the materials then there could be a substantial difference. More balls should be better as you should be able to get more clamping pressure on the diff rings.

On a side note, mid motored cars, pretty much all the Kyosho cars, have been doing well locally in all traction types. I'll probably convert everything to mid motor eventually.
Here you go--NOTHING to do with inferior materials--read on.
Oh-and also-no need to be so aggressive with your "you guys are so full of crap" comments--everyone is just trying to learn from one another. I for one will take the "high road" here hoping that people like yourselves can too!!

http://pittables.blogspot.com/2012/1...-14-vs-12.html