R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Vector03cobra
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where GT sort of went wrong.

GT started off a just some guys running buggys as onroad cars
GT then moved to a semi organized class with no real rules and started to grow people wanted some rules and the following year they got them

GT moved to lower priced motors and larger motors even an option this is where get kind of peaked but there had been a portion of those racers that wanted to be able to use even better motors

About 2 years later they got better motors and most of the country has used those motors in some form or another

When I say better motors I am talking $$$ onroad motors

Then he class started to disappear mostly in the midwest here due to tires and motors both costing a fair amount to race these GT cars and the junky cars costing a fair amount to maintain .

Anyways Now roar comes out with some interesting rules some I like some I can see why people are up in arms over motor rules, frankly roar took far to long and didnt know enough about the class.

People are butt hurt over having to use a slower motor in there GT cars now.

So for pan I can see people trying there best to limit as best as possible cost and keep the racing as close as possible.

Anyone of you should embrace this effort and not let it go the way of GT.

Now GT will move on and be fine and will more then likely be a better class from it but it may take time.