R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With day 3 of testing done, it has been truly a wonderful treat for myself as well as my family to be involved with this part of the process.

I really cannot, nor should I divulge to much information at this point out of respect for Elliot and Scott as well as Team Durango and Hobbico.

2 separate cars are being run, 1 of course in modified trim, and 1 in stock. Both cars are making full 6+ minute runs, not just a few laps and coming in for changes. I might point out as well, these are not prototypes from what I have been told.

Setup changes have been minor from when they arrived and both cars are responding well to what and when changes are made.

SXT and LGC have both been used as the "control" sauce.

Both cars look extremely well composed as well as quick and easy to drive. Both cars are using different motor/esc/battery configurations.

There have been no "catastrophic" failures or breakage.

Transitions through both high speed corners as well as on/off power cornering transitions are stable and consistent.

The 17.5 car both won and lost the "dozen doughnut" challenge. The team however prefers the fresher breakfast treats from Gurnee Doughnut, provided by the Davis family .