R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by G Mills
I just got the Yokomo YRX-12 WE. What are your opinions on the car and the pro's and cons? Secondly, when I started assembling it I noticed that none of the holes were countersunk deep enough. Would it be worth it to make all the screws sit flush with the chassis?
It's a very good asphalt car. I ran a variant of the car this summer on outdoor asphalt. The only recommendation I have is to cut a battery tape slot, parallel between the hole in the chassis under the T bar and the inside battery slot to run the straping tape through. Otherwise you have to wrap tape all the way around both battery saddle packs and the chassis. Not a very secure way to hold the batteries. After I cut the slot, I never had my batteries come loose.

The flat head screws on the bottom of the chassis have to be flush with the chassis or below. You never want anything hanging out on the bottom of the chassis. You can get a counter sink that matches the angle of your screws or order some billet titanium flat head screws from Lunsford. They fit below the chassis without having to counter sink the holes.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/catalo...9_products.htm