R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING
Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Samwise
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat

Since I'm only only one running one in Seattle.

Er, actually, John Tsang did pretty well with his last time out. I think I'm closing in on a setup, too. I think I'm going to run it in stock on Wednesday at H30 to work on it a bit more in preparation for the Can/Am challenge on Saturday.

Dave's VBC looked really good last Saturday at the Gym, though. He could carry more speed into the corner than I could, and had more drive out. It looked like it didn't rotate very hard in the middle of the corner, though. The handling kind of looked like a mod version of my scale spec car.

-Mike
Haha! Not what I meant!

I've just looked at the VBC forum a lot for a few months and there seems to be a lot of positive feedback from racers on the build and parts quality, especially for the price. Granted, an Xray is very well made (and pretty much indestructible), but I'd need over $100 in tuning parts on top of the higher kit cost

Seriously though, I've been happy with my Xray T3'12, but I think I'm ready to try another brand for a while, it's part of the fun of the hobby I was also looking at the Yokomo BD7 2014 edition, but it's almost as expensive as the Awesomatix, also out of my price range I'm pretty sure. The limited edition black version of the Yokomo from Europe is about $620 I think, plus the cost of tuning and spare parts.

All are good cars I don't think I could go wrong. In the right hands, all of these machines are champs.