R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Travis S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

This has been said many times; No amount of money spent on the latest and greatest equipment will substitute for driving skills. More track time, practice, and car setup will make you much faster then the X of the week. If you can't drive a whole race without hitting crap then you are going to lose to the people who can.

Also I am a big fan of the USVTA rule set. Adding more options for electronics and motors for this class just adds more variables and "what if's." That leads to people spending more money, because "what if I had X" would that make me faster???

People who get into the hobby need to understand that most of the people in it have been doing this for a long time. So if someone expects to jump into racing any class without putting in time practicing, they will never compete with the fast guys no matter what they spend. The key is to set realistic goals when starting out. For a while for me it was don't get last. Then I got a little better and it was finish in the middle of the pack. Now it's try to finish in the top 1/4. Even if I do not reach my goals I don't get mad, I still have fun and that is the reason I race.