Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM
VooDooPH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mekios
To get things straight.:
-battery comes out at 7.9 (have 2 packs of them), so nothing drains them
-speedo is TEU 105BK
-speedo is flashing red (not mentioned in the manual what this stands for,LVC was my guess)
-there is steering even after "cut off"
-car was not supposed to run in water, i ran the car in my basement-parking-area which had some hidden puddles obviously. Not much, just stains of water on the chassis. The car will be racing on carpet track from now on (that's what it was bought for)
-actually both cars ran in the same basement. Could be coincidence that both of them run into water?

Capacitor on the RX was a suggestion out of our own experience. We run the same ESCs in our GT Spec class (TEU101/104/105) and have experienced similar problems most especially with the 104 and 105. We found that the ESC tends to protect itself after some time. So far the cure we found is to run a capacitor on the RX and put a fan on the ESC. Since then, most of the guys would be able to run their batteries down.

With the car on a stand, try turning it on and wiggling the wheel on your transmitter end to end rapidly... you'd notice your cars wheels will start to turn slowly...

hths.